creating 1 library from all noinst libraries in subdirs

From: Bob Rossi
Subject: creating 1 library from all noinst libraries in subdirs
Date: Wed, 30 Apr 2003 08:32:32 -0400

Hi,

I was hoping that you could answer this question.

I have a project I am working on that uses automake. The project has
several directories and each of them builds a noinst library.
I can link the library's fine to my own application which is embedded with the
rest of the code.

However, I would like to be able to export the library so other
developers can use it ( similar to readline or ncurses ). What are my options?

I would like to be able to tell automake all the libraries I have and
have it create a new library containing all the object files from all of
the noinst libraries ( Not the libraries themselves ). Is this possible?

If not, what else could I do that has a nice design?

Thanks,
Bob Rossi