Re: What *target* use for non-source files want to add to package like D

From: cs
Subject: Re: What *target* use for non-source files want to add to package like DATA?
Date: Thu, 1 May 2003 12:38:20 -0700 (MST)

Bob

Thanks.  I've read this email many times.  It took several readings.
EXTRA_DIST just puts stuff in tarball and name_DATA just installs stuff.
You cleared up fact that you may install something NOT in tarball.

Notice at this point, if all we knew were EXTRA_DIST and name_DATA,
then everyone is happy and all is resolved.....

dist_ and noinst_ still scare me and seem unnecessary.....

dist_name_DATA --> is this a way to combine EXTRA_DIST and name_DATA
                   in one line??? All files here will be in tarball
                   AND installed right???

noinst_name_DATA --> now this one seems really useless... it neither
                     installs nor puts anything in tarball right?!?!?

Chris