Re: problem with AC_CONFIG_HEADERS and automake

From: Alexandre Duret-Lutz
Subject: Re: problem with AC_CONFIG_HEADERS and automake
Date: Sun, 04 May 2003 23:41:46 +0200

>>> "Dale" == Dale E Martin <address@hidden> writes:

 Dale> I have some #defines I need defined based off of the
 Dale> results of configure tests.  I was using AM_CONFIG_HEADER
 Dale> to do this, but it doesn't have cpp guards and I needed
 Dale> these values in installed headers, so I looked for
 Dale> another solution.  I ended up writing my own header.h.in
 Dale> files with cpp guards, and used AC_CONFIG_HEADERS to
 Dale> write out the #defines of interest based on the configure
 Dale> tests.  So far, so good, it all works great with automake
 Dale> 1.7.

 Dale> On automake 1.5, however, I have the problem that
 Dale> automake complains that I should use "AM_CONFIG_HEADER",
 Dale> not "AC_CONFIG_HEADER" (note the lack of the S).  Is
 Dale> there some workaround for this problem that is compatible
 Dale> with automake 1.5 and 1.7?

Although we promote AC_CONFIG_HEADERS, Automake 1.7 still
offers AM_CONFIG_HEADER for backward compatibility.
--
Alexandre Duret-Lutz