Re: make -j and touching configure.in, with automake

From: Akim Demaille
Subject: Re: make -j and touching configure.in, with automake
Date: Wed, 07 May 2003 12:34:24 +0200

>>> "Akim" == Akim Demaille <address@hidden> writes:
 adl> [...]

 adl> Oops.  I think autom4te should lock its cache when it runs, to
 adl> cope with concurrent runs of overlying tools.

 Akim> Indeed, why not.  But then, what should it do when it
 Akim> finds out there are several competitors?

 adl> Wait for the lock.  Am I misunderstanding the question?

I was wondering whether trying to be smart (i.e., locking only during
an actual writing) would be better as opposed to locking during the
whole process.  I chose (with you agreement) the latter.  Aharon,
using CVS Autoconf and CVS Automake you should 1. no longer experience
this problem, 2. have faster updates of the tree when touching say
configure.ac.