How to pass non regular paths to ./configure?

From: Jose Roman Bilbao
Subject: How to pass non regular paths to ./configure?
Date: 09 May 2003 10:47:29 +0200

Hi,

I need to test in my configure.in file for the existence of VTK library.
I have written this:

AC_INIT
AM_CONFIG_HEADER(config.h)
AM_INIT_AUTOMAKE(Xmipp,0.9)
AC_PROG_LIBTOOL
AC_PROG_CXX

AC_CHECK_LIB(vtkImaging, main)
AC_CHECK_LIB(vtkGraphics, main)
AC_CHECK_LIB(vtkCommon, main)
AC_CHECK_LIB(Xext, main)
AC_CHECK_LIB(Xt, main)
AC_CHECK_LIB(X11, main)
AC_CHECK_LIB(pthread, main)

AC_OUTPUT(Makefile  po/Makefile.in m4/Makefile \
        Lib/Makefile \
        Lib/XmippData/Makefile \
        Lib/Reconstruction/Makefile )

Well, it looks for the library but as it is not installed in other place
than /usr/local/lib/vtk it is not able to find it.

Then my question is, What should I add to my configure.in to be able to
do something like ./configure --with-vtk-libdir=/usr/local/lib/vtk and
that it generates an entry in config.h like HAVE_VTK?

Thanks,

--
Jose Roman Bilbao <address@hidden>