Re: AC_CHECK_LIB not substituting LDFLAGS

From: Steve M. Robbins
Subject: Re: AC_CHECK_LIB not substituting LDFLAGS
Date: Wed, 14 May 2003 09:01:45 -0400

On Wed, May 14, 2003 at 11:28:40AM +0200, Jose Roman Bilbao wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am trying to test if VTK library is installed on my system. As it is
> not installed on a regular PATH I would like something that test for a
> --with-vtk-libdir existence. If it does exist it should be added to
> LDFLAGS and then test using AC_CHECK_LIB but I can not get it to work:

Surely you realize that similar questions have been asked a million
times before?  This list does have an archive, you know.

Plus, there are at least two competing macro repositories.  There
must be at least one vaguely similar macro that you could use or
adapt, such as

 http://ac-archive.sourceforge.net/Installed_Packages/smr_with_build_path.html

-S