what is the correct prefix

From: Marco Correia
Subject: what is the correct prefix
Date: Sat, 21 Jun 2003 00:25:34 +0000

hi,

I have a project which has a couple of files and directories with data that my
program uses.

I want to add a line similar to
bin_PROGRAMS = hello subdir/goodbye

but I don't know where data files are usually installed. So, my question is
what goes in location and prefix for the line below:

location_PREFIX = myfile1 myfile2 mysubdir1

And if this is as simple as this or if I'm forgetting something....

I'm using kdevelop, and the only locations available for the prefix DATA is in
bin and sbin, and I don't think this is correct..

thanks
--
Marco Correia <address@hidden>