Re: AC_LINK_IFELSE

From: Raja R Harinath
Subject: Re: AC_LINK_IFELSE
Date: Tue, 29 Jul 2003 10:04:35 -0500

Hi,

Mattias Brändström <address@hidden> writes:

> I have written a small macro that uses AC_LINK_IFELSE to check for a
> specific library. I had expected that it would use LDFLAGS as well as
> CXXFLAGS when compiling and linking my test program. As far as I can see
> LDFLAGS is not used, only CXXFLAGS and LIBS. Can someone tell me why this
> is?
>
> If this is the desired behaiviour then how should I be able to check for
> libraries installed in non-standard locations?

I think 'address@hidden' is more appropriate than
'address@hidden'.

I checked autoconf/lib/autoconf/c.m4, and it has

  ac_link='$CC -o conftest$ac_exeext $CFLAGS $CPPFLAGS $LDFLAGS
conftest.$ac_ext $LIBS >&AS_MESSAGE_LOG_FD'

and

  ac_link='$CXX -o conftest$ac_exeext $CXXFLAGS $CPPFLAGS $LDFLAGS
conftest.$ac_ext $LIBS >&AS_MESSAGE_LOG_FD'

in the appropriate places for C and C++.  Can you check the value of
$ac_link when your macro is run.

- Hari
--
Raja R Harinath ------------------------------ address@hidden