Re: KAI compiler dependency generation

From: Ralf Wildenhues
Subject: Re: KAI compiler dependency generation
Date: Mon, 11 Aug 2003 14:36:19 +0200

* I wrote on Fri, Jun 27, 2003 at 10:12:27AM CEST:

> automake's depcomp script could be adjusted to recognize the dependency
> generation option of the KAI C++/C compiler, version 4.0.  Don't know if
> this would be useful to people, as the compiler is not developed any
> more, but just in case:

[ see http://mail.gnu.org/archive/html/automake/2003-06/msg00130.html
  or References: for the whole message ]

Leads me to a particular and a general question about automake/depcomp
and KAI: Is there really nobody interested in this compiler (any more)
that uses automake or does it have to do with the fact that KAI is
primarily intended for C++?  In general, is there interest in supporting
older or less used systems even if it means more code for every package
that uses automake?  Is there a FAQ for this I did not find or
discussion I overlooked in the archives?  Does it have to do with the
non-freeness of the compiler (wouldn't be the only one)?

Regards,