Expand shell variable in AC_CONFIG_FILES

From: Nadine
Subject: Expand shell variable in AC_CONFIG_FILES
Date: Sun, 17 Aug 2003 20:15:11 +0200

Hi all,

I need to have automake (1.7.6) create a Makefile.in in a directory that
changes often. Therefore I introduced an environment var WORDIR like so:
CONFIG_FILES( [ path/${WORKDIR} ] ). Of course this fails as automake tries
to create "path/${WORKDIR}/Makefile.in", not expanding the shell var (I call
"WORKDIR=bla automake-1.7". configure DTRT).

I've looked at the automake perl script and I don't see any preparation for
what I'm trying. So I ask here: Is there a chance to get this working? Or
does anybody have a better idea?

Thanks,
Nadine