Re: Expand shell variable in AC_CONFIG_FILES

From: Nadine
Subject: Re: Expand shell variable in AC_CONFIG_FILES
Date: Tue, 19 Aug 2003 09:55:49 +0200

Hi Simon,

> Could you explain why the directory changes so often (i.e. what are you
> trying to do?)?

Sure. Using perforce you get loads of directories -- the number of branched
directories times the number of branches. As each branch first contains the
branchpoints Makefile.am, I try to remove the branch name dependency from the
Makefile.am and put it into an WORK_BRANCH environment variable. That saves
me from editing a big number of Makefiles on each and every branch.
Building all Makefiles is also hard since the number of directories is
steadily increasing.

At the moment I try an approach with symlinks and a bit of shell script magic
that looks good so far. I will give it the first real world test today.

Nadine