Re: 1.7.6, DIST_SUBDIRS, and distcheck

From: Eric Siegerman
Subject: Re: 1.7.6, DIST_SUBDIRS, and distcheck
Date: Thu, 21 Aug 2003 15:28:56 -0400

On Sat, Aug 16, 2003 at 06:31:20AM -0400, Harlan Stenn wrote:
>  SUBDIRS= ... @MAKE_SNTP@ ...
>  DIST_SUBDIRS= $(SUBDIRS) sntp
>  [...]
> The problem is that "sntp" is now in DIST_SUBDIRS twice.

Indeed it is.  Try refactoring a bit:

UNCONDITIONAL_SUBDIRS = ... ...
SUBDIRS               = $(UNCONDITIONAL_SUBDIRS) @MAKE_SNTP@
DIST_SUBDIRS          = $(UNCONDITIONAL_SUBDIRS) sntp

That won't solve your other problems of course.

--

|-_|/  >   Eric Siegerman, Toronto, Ont.        address@hidden
|  |  /
When I came back around from the dark side, there in front of me would
be the landing area where the crew was, and the Earth, all in the view
of my window. I couldn't help but think that there in front of me was
all of humanity, except me.
        - Michael Collins, Apollo 11 Command Module Pilot