Re: txinfo trivial failures

From: Karl Berry
Subject: Re: txinfo trivial failures
Date: Fri, 22 Aug 2003 13:40:44 -0400

    | This is TeX, Version 3.14159 (C version 6.1) (format=tex 98.7.5)  21 AUG
2003 20:18

Yes, this version of TeX predates --help and the like, so TeX just takes
the string as input.

If you feel like updating your TeX installation, check
http://tug.org/tetex or http://tug.org/texlive.

    So I think texi2dvi should be changed to clean texput.log
    afterwards (or run tex --help in a temporary directory).

I agree, I will work on that for the next release.  Thanks.