Re: Dashes in library names

From: McKenzie Keith
Subject: Re: Dashes in library names
Date: Sat, 23 Aug 2003 11:02:26 -0700

Daniel Reed wrote:
On 2003-08-22T22:58-0700, McKenzie Keith wrote:
) I am trying to create a couple of libraries with dashes in the name. When I ) tried the obvious in my Makefile.am, automake complained about bad macros.
 [...]
) When I change the dashes to underscores, I have no problem (except that I am
) not getting the library name that I need).

Go ahead and list the files as you want them to literally appear in the
lib_LTLIBRARIES line, but encode the hyphens as underscores elsewhere. That is:

lib_LTLIBRARIES = libswt-gtk-2052.la libswt-pi-gtk-2052.la
libswt_gtk_2052_la_SOURCES = \
        callback.h callback.c

--
Daniel Reed <address@hidden>      http://naim-users.org/nmlorg/
http://naim.n.ml.org/

Wow. That was easy. Now I wish I'd asked a long time ago. Thanks very much!

--McKenzie

Get MSN 8 and help protect your children with advanced parental controls. http://join.msn.com/?page=features/parental