Re: Automatic Reconfiguring of Configuration Files

From: Bill Wendling
Subject: Re: Automatic Reconfiguring of Configuration Files
Date: Sun, 14 Sep 2003 22:30:49 -0500

Also sprach Scott James Remnant:
} On Fri, 2003-09-12 at 18:29, Bill Wendling wrote:
}
} > There's an annoyance with automake which is causing us serious problems.
} > I'm using "autoreconf" to regenerate all of the Makefile.ins, header
} > files, configure, etc. However, when it gets checked into CVS and used on
} > another platform, the Makefiles try to reconfigure everything (with
} > autoconf, etc.). Yet, the newest autoconf, automake, etc. scripts aren't
} > available on those platforms.
} >
} > How can I get the Makefiles to NOT try to regenerate things?
} >
} Add AM_MAINTAINER_MODE to your configure.{ac,in}, run autoconf again and
} these rules will be disabled unless you supply the
} --enable-maintainer-mode option to configure.
}
Ah! okay. Thank you.