Re: automake-1.7.7 and AM_CFLAGS/CFLAGS

From: Alexandre Duret-Lutz
Subject: Re: automake-1.7.7 and AM_CFLAGS/CFLAGS
Date: Fri, 10 Oct 2003 00:04:19 +0200

>>> "Harlan" == Harlan Stenn <address@hidden> writes:

[...]

 Harlan> The problem is that the Makefile.am for any kernel code needs to use
 Harlan> different CFLAGS, and when automake sees this we get the:

 Harlan> `CFLAGS' is a user variable, you should not override it;
 Harlan> use `AM_CFLAGS' instead.

 Harlan> This application has thousands of Makefile.am's - any
 Harlan> ideas on a good way to fix this problem?

I don't know if any of these will be "good" for you, but here
are three ideas: put `AUTOMAKE_OPTIONS = -Wno-gnu' in all the
affected Makefile.am, or a use global
`AM_INIT_AUTOMAKE([-Wno-gnu])', or try to gather all kernel
modules inside a subpackage with its own configure and different
CFLAGS.

--
Alexandre Duret-Lutz