Adding a manpage to a autoconf/automake project (fwd)

From: Frank Aune
Subject: Adding a manpage to a autoconf/automake project (fwd)
Date: Sat, 8 Nov 2003 05:36:11 +0100 (CET)

Hello,

Pardon me if I ask this question in the wrong place. Ive created a small
CL C-utility using Kdevelop (Gideon). It automatically set up autoconf
and automake for me, and it works very well so far. The make dist feature
is very handy. The reason for using Kdevelop, is because I have very
little experience with autoconf/automake tools.

But Kdevelop never let me add a man page to the project, and I have so far
been unable to figure out how to add the man page manually and make it
install with make install.

The man-page is located in ROOT/man/man8/manpagename.8

I would be very grateful if someone can assist me with the task of
including the man-page in the config files so that its installed
automatically together with the CL utility when I type make install

I can, of course, provide source if needed.

Thank you in advance.

Frank Aune