Re: mechanics style

From: Gary V. Vaughan
Subject: Re: mechanics style
Date: Sun, 09 Nov 2003 12:21:22 +0100

On Sat, 8 Nov 2003 22:22:40 +0000, "Patrick Welche"
<address@hidden> said:
> .. oh, and, what do you do about aclocal -I mym4dir? The automake doco
> mentions setting ACLOCAL_AMFLAGS = -I mym4dir, but how does that tie in
> with AC_CONFIG_MACRO_DIR(mym4dir)?

I got the ball rolling for this oft discussed macro by putting it in
autoconf and using it in libtoolize.  My perl fu is insufficient to the
task of supporting it from automake (aclocal etc).  Please send a patch
before the next rev of automake, so that aclocal traces
AC_CONFIG_MACRO_DIR and automatically adds an appropriate -I to its
search path.  Until then, this is just a wart!

Cheers,
        Gary.
--
  ())_.  Gary V. Vaughan    gary@(lilith.warpmail.net|gnu.org)