Re: Adding a manpage to a autoconf/automake project (fwd)

From: Frank Aune
Subject: Re: Adding a manpage to a autoconf/automake project (fwd)
Date: Tue, 11 Nov 2003 02:59:44 +0100 (CET)

On Sat, 8 Nov 2003, Richard Dawe wrote:

> The MANS primary seems to do what you want. See:
>
>     info automake Documentation Man
>
> Regards,

Hello,

And thank you for your feedback. Ive read the infopage, but it didnt
exactly say what I needed to do. (I believe it describes the correct part
though) Pardon me for sounding like a fool here, but autoconf and automake
are pretty new to me, so what might seem obvious to an experienced user
could be difficult to understand for me.

In my ROOT/Makefile.am I got so far:

AUTOMAKE_OPTIONS = foreign 1.4
SUBDIRS = src

I think I should then add in my ROOT/Makefile.am

man_MANS = manpagename.8

where manpagename.8 resides in ROOT/man/ Perhaps I even
have to add:

SUBDIRS = src man

to ROOT/Makefile.am?

Also I believe I need to have a Makefile.am (And perhaps Makefile.in?)
file in the ROOT/man/ directory which automake processes. But Im unable
to find what the content of this file should be.

Thank you for any further input, and please apologize if my knowledge of
these issues are poor at best.

Regards,

Frank Aune