Re: Adding a manpage to a autoconf/automake project (fwd)

From: Tom Tromey
Subject: Re: Adding a manpage to a autoconf/automake project (fwd)
Date: 11 Nov 2003 22:53:23 -0700

>>>>> "Frank" == Frank Aune <address@hidden> writes:

Frank> In my ROOT/Makefile.am I got so far:
Frank> AUTOMAKE_OPTIONS = foreign 1.4
Frank> SUBDIRS = src

Frank> I think I should then add in my ROOT/Makefile.am
Frank> man_MANS = manpagename.8
Frank> where manpagename.8 resides in ROOT/man/ Perhaps I even
Frank> have to add:
Frank> SUBDIRS = src man
Frank> to ROOT/Makefile.am?

It depends on how you want to do things.

You could write:

    man_MANS = man/manpagename.8

in your top-level Makefile.am.

Or you could add a Makefile.am to the man/ directory, then update
SUBDIRS and AC_CONFIG_OUTPUT in the top level.

It's up to you.

Tom