srcs in different directories, but no conven. libs

From: Dan McMahill
Subject: srcs in different directories, but no conven. libs
Date: Thu, 13 Nov 2003 18:48:24 -0500

I hope this isn't a FAQ, but I didn't find anything in the mailing lists.

I have some code which is seperated into several subdirectories.  I dont
want to have it compile to a convenience library and then link each one in.

So my question is whats the right way to list foo_SOURCES.  Should it be listed
in the top of the source tree like this?

foo_SOURCES= sub1/a.c sub1/b.c sub2/a2.c sub2/b2.c

I wasn't able to find the answer in the manual, although perhaps I've
overlooked it.

Thanks
-Dan