dealing with "bison -pfoo" and "flex -Pfoo"

From: Dan McMahill
Subject: dealing with "bison -pfoo" and "flex -Pfoo"
Date: Sat, 15 Nov 2003 16:36:03 -0500

Hi,

I'm working on converting a program over to use autoconf/automake for the build
system.
The last problem I'm working on is that the original sources used the -Pfoo
flag to flex
and -p foo flag to bison.  This has the effect of having flex produce
'lex.foo.c' instead
of 'lex.yy.c' which seems to confuse automake.

AM_LFLAGS=      -f -i -Pfoo
AM_YFLAGS=      -d -p foo

The program has two different flex scanners and bison parsers contained in
different
directories in the source tree.  The -Pfoo  and -p foo flags in one directory
and -Pbar and -p bar in the other avoid name conflicts.

I can't seem to find any hints in the lex and yacc section of the automake
manual.

Any suggestions on how to correctly deal with this?

Thanks
-Dan