Current versions of automake and autoconf

From: Dalibor Topic
Subject: Current versions of automake and autoconf
Date: Fri, 21 Nov 2003 19:57:29 +0100

Hi all,

the recent confusion about what's been released and what hasn't has left me confused. What are the latest, officially released versions of automake and autoconf? Can I build automake 1.7.9 (if that's officially the latest) with autconf 2.57, 2.58 or 2.59 or whatever the latest officially released version turns out to be? I'm asking since we have the next kaffe release scheduled for two weeks from now, and I'd like to update the build system to the latest auto* tools before it happens.

cheers,
dalibor topic