Re: [MAD SCIENCE EXPERIMENT]: Replace some libtool functionalitywith han

From: Bruce Korb
Subject: Re: [MAD SCIENCE EXPERIMENT]: Replace some libtool functionalitywith handcoded C
Date: Thu, 04 Dec 2003 07:09:51 -0800

Mohan Embar wrote:

> Hi Alexandre,
>
> >I'm not all that surprised your C program is much faster that the
> >shell script.  For starters, it fails to support all of libtool's
> >configure-time options, such as --disable-static, --disable-shared,
> >--with-pic, as well as their per-compilation equivalent command-line
> >flags.
>
> I agree. I wasn't even trying to go there.

Long ago and far away, I started a "binary libtool" project.
It handled the command line options and basically acted as a
shell scriptlett selector (the code selected depending on the
operating mode and other conditions), plus it was intended as
a framework for moving more interpreted logic into C code.
It's been a few years now, though.....