Re: distcheck failure: version.texi

From: Alexandre Duret-Lutz
Subject: Re: distcheck failure: version.texi
Date: Tue, 09 Dec 2003 22:34:44 +0100

>>> "Ralf" == Ralf Wildenhues <address@hidden> writes:

 Ralf> Hi there,
 Ralf> With current CVS automake, 'make distcheck' fails on automake,

On which OS? with which version of Make, sh, etc.?

 Ralf> because readonly file version.texi in readonly directory
 Ralf> cannot be written to.

 Ralf> I suppose the change from 2003-11-08 caused this, but as I don't
 Ralf> understand all the implications, I won't suggest a fix.

I've run distcheck successfully at least 4 times since that date
(in order to upload the betas), so I'm quite surprised.

Maybe a specific combination of timestamps is required?  Could
you post a link to a tarball of your files with instructions
how to reproduce the problem from it?
--
Alexandre Duret-Lutz