Re: automake -vs- huge projects

From: Tom Tromey
Subject: Re: automake -vs- huge projects
Date: 30 Dec 2003 13:22:46 -0700

>>>>> "adl" == Alexandre Duret-Lutz <address@hidden> writes:

adl> I've found this:
adl> 1999-11-22  Tom Tromey  <address@hidden>
adl>         * automake.in (handle_single_transform_list): Generate explicit
adl>         rule for subdir objects.  Fixes new addition to subobj.test.

I looked into this a bit today.  One nice thing about having a patch
list is that it records the rationale for changes somewhere... back in
those days that sort of information was just lost.  Sigh.

I suppose the best we can hope for is to try out your change on a
different platforms and in different scenarios and hope for the
best...

Tom