Re: fortran FC patch

From: Alexandre Duret-Lutz
Subject: Re: fortran FC patch
Date: Tue, 20 Jan 2004 22:02:00 +0100

>>> "Norman" == Norman Gray <address@hidden> writes:

 Norman> Greetings,

 Norman> In
 Norman> <http://www.mail-archive.com/address@hidden/msg07811.html>,
 Norman> Michael Nolta offered a simple patch for `fc' support,
 Norman> and Alexandre's reply suggested that there was unlikely
 Norman> to be a problem including this.

This is pending a copyright assignment.

[...]

 Norman> Given that there isn't a problem with Michael's
 Norman> patches, and given that I don't _really_ want to muck
 Norman> about with the CVS head, would it be reasonable for me
 Norman> to apply Michael's patches to a local copy of automake
 Norman> 1.8.2 and submit the joint patch at some later stage
 Norman> when I've got everything working?

One could probably develop with branch-1-8, but that looks
like a waste of time for new feature.  branch-1-8 tracks
only bug fixes, so the patch would have to be adapted to
HEAD before it can be installed there.

Regarding joint patches, this is delicate because the FSF
requires copyright assignments for significant changes.
--
Alexandre Duret-Lutz