Re: AM_INIT_AUTOMAKE Call in Automake 1.7

From: Eric Siegerman
Subject: Re: AM_INIT_AUTOMAKE Call in Automake 1.7
Date: Wed, 11 Feb 2004 14:04:57 -0500

On Wed, Feb 11, 2004 at 10:50:54AM -0800, Drummonds, Scott B wrote:
> <quote>
> configure.in:10: your implementation of AM_INIT_AUTOMAKE comes from an
> configure.in:10: old Automake version.  You should recreate aclocal.m4
> configure.in:10: with aclocal and run automake again.
> </quote>
>
> This surprises me, because I made the changes to my configure.in as
> specified in the online documentation:

It's not complaining about your configure.in, but rather that the
old Automake-1.4 macros are still in your aclocal.m4 file.  With
luck, rerunning (the 1.7 version of) the "aclocal" program should
fix that.

Note to maintainers: here's a clearer version of the last line of
that error message:
  configure.in:10: your implementation of AM_INIT_AUTOMAKE comes from an
  configure.in:10: old Automake version.  You should recreate aclocal.m4
! configure.in:10: using the `aclocal' command, and then run `automake' again.

--

|-_|/  >   Eric Siegerman, Toronto, Ont.        address@hidden
|  |  /
It must be said that they would have sounded better if the singer
wouldn't throw his fellow band members to the ground and toss the
drum kit around during songs.
        - Patrick Lenneau