Re: html texinfo install?

From: Eric Siegerman
Subject: Re: html texinfo install?
Date: Tue, 17 Feb 2004 19:07:27 -0500

On Tue, Feb 17, 2004 at 05:02:45PM -0500, Karl Berry wrote:
> If, as in Bruce's proposal, they explicitly say "I want HTML", when
> there's no HTML in the distribution, that's one thing.  Making it happen
> when they say "configure && make install", quite another.

BTW, this is another case like configure.ac and configure, where
CVS scrambles the timestamps since foo.info sorts lexically
before foo.texi.  I've found myself more than once having to
install a new texinfo to rebuild .info files that were already
perfectly ok, merely because I chose to CVSify the package.

Maybe this isn't Karl's responsibility; and I'm not sure what, if
anything, can be done about it in any case; but it seemed worth
bringing up while we're on the subject.

--

|-_|/  >   Eric Siegerman, Toronto, Ont.        address@hidden
|  |  /
It must be said that they would have sounded better if the singer
wouldn't throw his fellow band members to the ground and toss the
drum kit around during songs.
        - Patrick Lenneau