Re: AM_CPPFLAGS don't appear in cygwin CC line

From: Alexandre Duret-Lutz
Subject: Re: AM_CPPFLAGS don't appear in cygwin CC line
Date: Fri, 20 Feb 2004 08:39:49 +0100

>>> "Thomas" == Thomas 'Tom' R Treadway <address@hidden> writes:

 Thomas> I using automake-1.8.2, (autoconf-2.59, libtool-1.5)
 Thomas> I have a makefile with:

 Thomas> AM_CPPFLAGS = \
 Thomas> -I$(includedir)

 Thomas> running make on every machine I've tried, generates something like:
 Thomas> gcc -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I. -I.. -I/usr/tmp/include -g -c sstruct.c

 Thomas> but, the cygwin machine generates:
 Thomas> gcc -g sstruct.c -o sstruct

It looks like some target depends on `sstruct' or
something/someone is calling `make sstruct'.  This is a problem
on Cygwin since the binary is expected to be called
`sstruct.exe'.  It's probably just a matter of appending
$(EXEEXT) to the bogus dependency or Makefile call.

Whether this is an Automake bug or an error from you is hard to
tell without seeing your Makefile.am and how you start this
compilation.

 Thomas> Are there known issues with cygwin, and automake-1.8.2?

No reports yet.  Does the test suite pass?
--
Alexandre Duret-Lutz