Re: Automake problem buildng "joe" in uClibc buildroot

From: Kevin P. Fleming
Subject: Re: Automake problem buildng "joe" in uClibc buildroot
Date: Sat, 01 May 2004 07:08:36 -0700

Alexandre Duret-Lutz wrote:

Maybe you've used --target=i386-linux or something like this?

Yes, removing that solves the problems and does not cause any others. Since this application is a "compiler", --build and --host are enough. I was following the example of the existing Makefile fragments in the buildroot, but they were unnecessarily specifying --target.

Anyway you can complain to Joe's maintainer(s).  I can't see any
reason to use AC_CANONICAL_TARGET in its configure.ac, and
removing this macro should avoid any problem like yours.

I removed all three AC_CANONICAL_* macro calls before removing --target, but this did not seem to change anything. Going back to the as-distributed configure script and not specifying --target has worked fine.

Thanks for the help Alexandre.