automake bug

From: Danny Backx
Subject: automake bug
Date: Sun, 04 Jul 2004 12:44:30 +0200

Hi,

I am using automake, autoconf, and libtool for projects such
as Xbae. The distribution method is "make dist". In the
distribution file for Xbae-4.50.93 (available at
 http://prdownloads.sourceforge.net/xbae/Xbae-4.50.93.tar.gz?download
), you'll see that the file
        scripts/Makefile.in
is mysteriously mission.

I've since tried to work around this and found that adding
Makefile.in to the DIST_COMMON in scripts/Makefile.am
avoids the problem.

Still this appears to be an automake bug.

Note: pls. don't look at version 4.50.95, the missing file was
manually added in that distribution.

The whole project CVS is available on sourceforge if you need
stuff to play with (http://sf.net/projects/xbae).

        Danny

P.S. The versions of auto* tools which I use are :
dell: {9} automake --version
automake (GNU automake) 1.8.5
Written by Tom Tromey <address@hidden>.

This is free software; see the source for copying conditions.  There is
NO
PURPOSE.
dell: {10} autoconf --version
autoconf (GNU Autoconf) 2.59
Written by David J. MacKenzie and Akim Demaille.

This is free software; see the source for copying conditions.  There is
NO
PURPOSE.
dell: {11} libtool --version
ltmain.sh (GNU libtool) 1.5.2 (1.1220.2.60 2004/01/25 12:25:08)

--
Danny Backx - danny.backx-at-planetinternet.be