How to revise automake.am

From: Zhi Qing Wu
Subject: How to revise automake.am
Date: Fri, 10 Sep 2004 13:48:38 +0100 (BST)

Hello all,

I am not very familiar with automake.

I need to insert a class into an existing project
(programed by someone else). I only have the the
header file and compiled library of the class (say,
permis.h, permis.so). the class is written in Java and
compiled with gcj.

The project contains hundreds C/C++ programs, which
are compiled by using Makefile.am and configure.ac
(both have been provided by the project).

I did some revisions to one of the C/C++ programs. The
revised class will use some methods in
permis.h/permis.so, and have included "permis.h" at
the beginning. I am not sure how to insert the path of
"permis.so" into Makefile.am, configure.ac or some
configure files else in order to make the revised
class properly compiled?

Any idea would be appreciated,

Zhi Qing

Messenger - all new features - even more fun!  http://uk.messenger.yahoo.com