Re: Configure options

From: Bob Friesenhahn
Subject: Re: Configure options
Date: Tue, 21 Sep 2004 09:21:18 -0500 (CDT)

On Tue, 21 Sep 2004, Thomas Degris wrote:

Hello,

I guess this is not an automake question but I would like to know how I can disable static build by default (I mean activate the --disable-static by default) when running configure.

Use

AC_DISABLE_STATIC
AC_ENABLE_SHARED

in your configure.ac file. Note that disabling static builds can sometimes lead to unexpected build failures since it disables libtool's ability to fall back to static compilation if something in the users build environment is found lacking.

Bob
Bob Friesenhahn
address@hidden