Re: Error: am__fastdepCC does not appear in AM_CONDITIONAL

From: Alexandre Duret-Lutz
Subject: Re: Error: am__fastdepCC does not appear in AM_CONDITIONAL
Date: Sat, 02 Oct 2004 01:07:54 +0200

>>> "Yasunari" == Yasunari Tosa <address@hidden> writes:

 Yasunari> I'm getting the following error on Fedora Core 2 (it used to work but
 Yasunari> no longer).

What is "it"?  What changed?

 Yasunari> /usr/share/automake-1.8/am/depend2.am: am__fastdepCC does not appear
 Yasunari> in AM_CONDITIONAL

Is this the only output?  Usually the explanation for that one
comes right afterwards.

 Yasunari> I see many posting on the google with the same error message.    Can
 Yasunari> you describe the actual reason
 Yasunari> why?    The most of the goole reply was to update the version.

Updating won't fix this.  (The answer you found was not for users of Automake
1.8).

 Yasunari> I'd like to know the reason.

For this you should post the input (configure.ac,
Makefile.am...), the set of commands you typed, and their full
output.

Alexandre Duret-Lutz