libtool and libraries

From: v p
Subject: libtool and libraries
Date: Fri, 1 Oct 2004 17:19:21 -0700

Hi,
I am a newbie and trying to use the auto tools to build my project. I
am using libtool(with autoconf/automake) to build static as well as
shared libraries. When I do 'make' the libraries are created under
'src' directory in directory '.libs'. I want the make file( generated
using automake) to create/copy these libraries to 'lib' directory
under my project root. I don't want to use 'make install' for that.
What should I do??
-vp