Re: preventing re-running of texi2dvi?

From: Dan McMahill
Subject: Re: preventing re-running of texi2dvi?
Date: Wed, 20 Oct 2004 08:32:01 -0400

On Wed, Oct 20, 2004 at 10:00:31AM +0900, Andre Caldas wrote:
> Hi Dan,
>
> >I end up with foo.{ps,pdf,html} in the distfile, but if a user
> >runs 'make clean', then those files get removed.  Now if they
> >don't have TeX installed, they can't rebuild them.
>
> Did you try DISTCLEANFILES or MAINTAINERCLEANFILES?

I tried
MAINTAINERCLEANFILES= foo.dvi foo.ps foo.pdf foo.html

It looks like they end up in

mostlyclean-aminfo:
        -rm -rf foo.aux foo.cp foo.cps foo.fn foo.fns foo.ky foo.kys foo.log
foo.pg \
        foo.pgs foo.tmp foo.toc foo.tp foo.tps foo.vr foo.vrs \
        foo.dvi foo.pdf foo.ps foo.html

as well as the maintainer clean targets.

> > Surely I'm just doing something silly?
>
> Is this a question? ;-)

always a question I have to ask!

-Dan