Re: AM_WITH_REGEX macro

From: Alexandre Duret-Lutz
Subject: Re: AM_WITH_REGEX macro
Date: Sat, 13 Nov 2004 18:59:32 +0100

>>> "John" == John Poltorak <address@hidden> writes:

[...]

 John> retrofit a check for '--with-regex' into an old version
 John> of diff. From what I have read this check is enabled by
 John> the use of regex.m4 by including AM_WITH_REGEX into
 John> configure.in. Would anything else be required?

 John> I notice that this is an automake macro, but the rest are
 John> autoconf macros so would it be recognised by autoconf or
 John> do I need to run automake first?  There is no Makefile.am
 John> in this package. Do I need to create one?

No.  Simply append regex.m4 to your package's aclocal.m4.
--
Alexandre Duret-Lutz