Re: RFC for new FAQ entry: Flag Variables Ordering

From: Leonardo Boiko
Subject: Re: RFC for new FAQ entry: Flag Variables Ordering
Date: Tue, 30 Nov 2004 10:53:24 -0400

Alexandre Duret-Lutz wrote:
   This section attempts to answer all these questions.  We will mostly
discuss `CPPFLAGS' in our examples, but actually the answer holds for
all the compile flags used in Automake: `CCASFLAGS', `CFLAGS',
`CPPFLAGS', `CXXFLAGS', `FCFLAGS', `FFLAGS', `GCJFLAGS', `LDFLAGS',
`LFLAGS', `RFLAGS', and `YFLAGS'.

Maybe you could add a small clarification: that LDADD and LIBADD are automake-specific variables. As far as I understand, there is a mumble_LDADD and a LDADD, but not an AM_LDADD, and plain LDADD is not from the user. Thus LDADD and LIBADD are entirely different from the *FLAGS variables. Is that correct?

It may sound obvious, but I find it confusing =)
--
Leonardo Boiko