Re: Support for precompiled C++ headers

From: Tom Tromey
Subject: Re: Support for precompiled C++ headers
Date: 01 Dec 2004 17:41:30 -0700

>>>>> "Roberto" == Roberto Bagnara <address@hidden> writes:

Roberto> Can anyone point me to a C++ project that is working with
Roberto> precompiled headers and that is doing it with the currently
Roberto> available versions of automake and autoconf?

>From the gcjx project on sourceforge:

BUILT_SOURCES = [...] typedefs.hh.gch

headers = [...]

## FIXME: need a better way to convince libtool to let us do this.
typedefs.hh.gch: $(headers)
        -rm -f typedefs.hh.gch
        $(CXXCOMPILE) -fPIC -DPIC -x c++-header -o typedefs.hh.gch
$(srcdir)/typedefs.hh

As you can see I had to hack around libtool.  I didn't try a more
direct approach, perhaps it would have worked.

Also, I always build this project with --disable-static.

Tom