Newbie needs some help

From: Hong Li
Subject: Newbie needs some help
Date: Fri, 17 Dec 2004 15:25:45 -0800 (PST)

Hi,

I am pretty new for Automake, autoconf..
I have a project and I already have both linux and
Unix verions. Now I wish to have a distribution using
configure tools.

it is pretty easy to go through the sample for using
automake, hello-bla-bla..

My question is, how the autoconf or automake can
determine the machine type. In my program, the
compiler needs to know "little-endian" or "big-endian"
of the machine. Can autoconf, automake check on this
and automaticaly give a -DLITTLE_ENDIAN/or
-DBIG_ENDIAN for configure file?

Thanks,
Hill