Re: How to setup an example programs subdirectory?

From: Simon Perreault
Subject: Re: How to setup an example programs subdirectory?
Date: Sun, 2 Jan 2005 10:50:39 -0500

On Sunday January 2 2005 02:56, Robert Collins wrote:
> IIRC - untested:
> ===
> EXTRA_PROGRAMS=foo bar
>
> examples: $(EXTRA_PROGRAMS)

Thank you for your answer, but I don't understand how I can apply that to my
project, which uses an "examples" subdirectory where example programs are
located. Am I supposed to use something like this?

EXTRA_PROGRAMS=examples/foo examples/bar

Do I then remove the Makefile.am file from the examples directory? Do I need
to list "examples" in the SUBDIRS variable or not? That seems so wrong...

--
Simon Perreault <address@hidden> -- http://nomis80.org