install-data-local always installs?

From: Seth Hadley
Subject: install-data-local always installs?
Date: Fri, 21 Jan 2005 15:35:52 -0600

These lines seems to be common throughout gconf applications, I have
tried it in several apps, and it does not seem to work for me. Is this
correct, should it install gconftool-2 --makefile-install-rule
drwright.schemas at "make install" (it installs
to /etc/gconf/gconf*defaults/apps/drwright/%gconf when called by command
line)

also, should uninstall-local: be used for uninstalling the gconf, and
will it be run _before_ /etc/gconf/schemas/drwright.schemas is removed
(install in app).

Thanks,
Seth

ps. the final Makefile does have this listed.
-------------------
schemadir = @GCONF_SCHEMA_FILE_DIR@
schema_DATA = drwright.schemas

if GCONF_SCHEMAS_INSTALL
install-data-local:
        if test -z "$(DESTDIR)" ; then \
          for p in $(schema_DATA) ; do \
            GCONF_CONFIG_SOURCE=$(GCONF_SCHEMA_CONFIG_SOURCE)
$(GCONFTOOL) --makefile-install-rule $(srcdir)/$$p ; \
          done \
        fi
endif