python.m4

From: Robert White
Subject: python.m4
Date: Fri, 28 Jan 2005 16:25:19 -0500

I am new to this list and automake. So, I apologize up front if I ask something stupid.

I have been studying AM_PATH_PYTHON, because I have been developing some macros to augment it since it does not provide the necessary information to compile python extensions or programs/libraries that embed python.

Within the python.m4 source, there is this statement, "Another macro is required to find the appropriate flags to compile extension modules.". That macro is never defined nor can I find any references to it. I have found a macro that is scattered about called AM_CHECK_PYTHON_HEADERS which at first I thought came from this group. However, it does not look like it. Does anyone know what macro the python.m4 documentation references and where it is located?

Thank you for your time.