Re: Conditional install of files and warning in make dist

From: Stepan Kasal
Subject: Re: Conditional install of files and warning in make dist
Date: Wed, 9 Feb 2005 08:59:27 +0100

Hi,

On Tue, Feb 08, 2005 at 01:51:02PM -0800, Bill Moseley wrote:
>   make[1]: *** No rule to make target `api.html', needed by `all-am'.  Stop.

so write the rule, so it works at your machine.

>   AM_CONDITIONAL(BUILDDOCS, ...
>
> But it would be nice if the existence of the html docs could be
> detected.

Write configure.ac so that it detects the presence of the html-building
tools and sets BUILDDOCS accordingly.

Hide the rule for api.html and the definition
        html_DATA = api.html
under`if  BUILDDOCS'.

> Second, when I run make dist I'd either like to force running the
> command to rebuild the html docs (which is probably best) or verify

The rule for the doc, mentioned above, should be enough.

> Is dist-hook the way to go?

dist-hook is too late.

Have a nice day,
        Stepan Kasal