Re: conditionally linking to mingw32 library

From: Stepan Kasal
Subject: Re: conditionally linking to mingw32 library
Date: Thu, 2 Jun 2005 21:14:19 +0200

Hi,

On Wed, Jun 01, 2005 at 09:43:22PM +0200, Alexandre Duret-Lutz wrote:
> Why not test for
> the presence of the ws2_32 library and use it if it's there ?
> AC_SEARCH_LIBS([gethostbyname], [nsl socket], [], [
> dnl Can't search ws2_32 for gethostbyname using AC_SEARCH_LIBS, because
> dnl it requires #include <winsocks2.h> to work.

perhaps it's obvious, but let me get it straight:

This solution is much better and cleaner than the one I posted.

(Future versions of mingw might contain libnsl or libsocket, for example.
Or perhaps another window platform could also require winsocks2.)

Thank you, Alexandre, for sharing your bright inside with us!

Stepan Kasal