Re: how to run a test file with command line options...

From: Harald Dunkel
Subject: Re: how to run a test file with command line options...
Date: Mon, 20 Jun 2005 10:11:05 +0200

Ed Hartnett wrote:
> Howdy all!
>
> If I have some tests, and want to run them with command line options,
> how do I do it?
>
> For example, I have to have a shell script to run tst_parallel below,
> because it needs to be called with the poe command, and some env vars
> set. In other cases, I need to call test program with some command
> line options.
>
> check_PROGRAMS = tst_parallel
> TESTS = run_par_test.sh
>
> Where run_par_test.sh is:
>
> MP_TASKS_PER_NODE=4 MP_PROCS=4 poe ./tst_parallel

Since Automake is based on Perl it should be pretty easy to do
some cgi-style replacement, e.g.

TESTS = MP_TASKS_PER_NODE=4%20MP_PROCS=4%20poe%20./tst_parallel

Pretty ugly and error-prone, of course, but it would be more or
less backward compatible, and better than nothing.

Justanidea. Regards

Harri