'make dist' and m4 directory

From: John Ling
Subject: 'make dist' and m4 directory
Date: Tue, 21 Jun 2005 11:22:52 -0700

It seems that the m4 directory is required if I am to distribute a package that makes use of libtools along with automake. Is there a way to include this directory during a 'make dist' without defining it in EXTRA_DIST in my Makefile.am? I would have thought that automake would be able to include this directory and the necessary files such as codeset.m4 on its own.

Thanks,
John