Re: How does one specify -Wall?

From: Stepan Kasal
Subject: Re: How does one specify -Wall?
Date: Wed, 20 Jul 2005 09:24:20 +0200

Hello,
  I've received an answer off the list, so I forward it here before
I post my followup.
Stepan

----- Forwarded message from David Ohlemacher <address@hidden> -----
Date: Tue, 19 Jul 2005 13:51:07 -0400

Stepan Kasal wrote:

>Hello,
>
>On Mon, Jul 18, 2005 at 11:13:51PM -0400, David Ohlemacher wrote:
>

>>I do not seem to have a configure.ac.  Instead I have a configure.in.
>>

>configure.in is an obsolete name for the Autoconf source file, but
>it still works.

I am using am files generated by KDevelop 3.1.1.

>>When I try to add -Wall to it, I get lots of errors.
>>

>Don't you get the same errors if you run "automake -Wall" ?

Yes, I do get that error from the commandline.  The only way I am able
to build with -Wall is to specify it in KDev's project file.  It only
applies if building from within KDev.

>Does your configure.ac contain the new style AM_INIT_AUTOMAKE, which
>has only one parameter, the option list?
>
>    If your `configure.ac' has:
>
>         AC_INIT(src/foo.c)
>         AM_INIT_AUTOMAKE(mumble, 1.5)
>
>    you have to modernize it as follows:
>
>         AC_INIT(mumble, 1.5)
>         AC_CONFIG_SRCDIR(src/foo.c)
>         AM_INIT_AUTOMAKE
>
>and then you can change the last line to AM_INIT_AUTOMAKE([-Wall]).
>
>Have a nice day,
>       Stepan

Here is my configure.in. It doesnt really match your examples.
AC_INIT(configure.in)

AM_CONFIG_HEADER(config.h)
AM_INIT_AUTOMAKE(fuiocapsule, 0.1)

AC_LANG_CPLUSPLUS
AC_PROG_CXX
AM_PROG_LIBTOOL

AC_OUTPUT(Makefile src/Makefile src/utility/Makefile
src/analysis/Makefile src/analysistest/Makefile
src/saic_emulation/Makefile src/external/Makefile
src/external/saic_packet/Makefile
src/external/saic_packet/RTSystem/Makefile
src/external/kismet_packet_v2/Makefile)

It seems strange to config a source dir variable with a source
file...src/foo.c

Thanks for the help Stepan,

-d

----- End forwarded message -----