I can't get xxx_AR to work

From: Patrik Jonsson
Subject: I can't get xxx_AR to work
Date: Fri, 29 Jul 2005 01:00:16 -0700

Hi,

I'm trying to convert my little project to autotools, and I'm running into the problem that under AIX, to make a 64-bit library, you need to pass -X64 as an option to ar. I've tried setting libmcrx_a_AR = something, ARFLAGS =something and AR =something in the Makefile.am, but no matter how I do this, the Makefile always comes out having:

AR = ar
ARFLAGS = cru
libmcrx_a_AR = $(AR) $(ARFLAGS)

Can anyone explain to me what the correct way of changing the invocation of AR is?

Thanks so much,

/Patrik Jonsson